Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Album review: Maybe you've been brainwashed too., by the New Radicals

(This album is my life right now. I've listened to it like eight times in the past day and a half? Anyway, I bought it recently and for some reason yesterday the love turned into full blown obsession and I went ahead and wrote up a review.)

New Radicals frontman Gregg Alexander declares, "You're a heart attack, just the kind I like," in "Mother we just can't get enough," the opening track to the band's first and only album, "Maybe you've been brainwashed too." As indicated by the distinctive stylization of the titles of the album and songs (none of which feature the capitalization generally used in titles), this band is something different. And that line sums up the album pretty well. "Brainwashed" is, in turns, loud, sad, lovely, and outright strange. Its messages are both universal and very specifically social and political.

For the rest, go to:
http://www.helium.com/items/2172410-maybe-youve-been-brainwashed-too-review


And seriously, buy the freaking album. I suggest the CD so you can have the physical booklet. It's amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment